How about having your students put their school-year memories into a scrapbook? Students personalize the inside with photos, drawings,writing, and autographs!
Items to Gather:
- chipboard (2 - 8 1/2" x 11" sheets for each scrapbook)
- scrapbook paper or heavy wrapping paper
- solid color cardstock (for inside of front and back cover)
- black or white cardstock for the book pages (I used 5 sheets for each book)
- binding (you can use whatever binding machine you have access to or punch the edge and bind with ribbon)
- photos of class activities and students if you are making it a photo album
1. Cut chipboard to 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" (2 for each book, front and back)
2. Cover the chipboard with colorful paper. I used scrapbook paper from the dollar store, but heavy wrapping paper would work well too.
3. Cut solid color cardstock to 8" x 8" to finish off the inside of the front and back cover.
4. Cut black or white cardstock to 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" for the inside pages.
5. Bind the books in the method you choose.
6. Give to the students to personalize the inside with photos, drawings,writing, and autographs.
Student photos are great for personalizing the cover. I glued them to a tag shape I cut and trimmed with a ribbon. I also put a label inside the front cover with the teacher's name and the class year. These also make a great teacher gift, room mom gift, or a gift for a student who is moving away.