Hello Classroom DIY Friends! Classroom decorations and inspiration have been a hot topic this summer as teachers prepare for the new year. You might even be thinking of your classroom decorations too! Today I would like to show you how to make No Sew Classroom Curtains. One of the best parts about this project is that it is so inexpensive that you can make several sets of these on a budget.
Items to Gather:
For One Standard Window:
- 3 Bandanas (mine are from Hobby Lobby)
- 1 Roll of Stitch Witch (no sew hem tape)
- 1 Cutain rod
1. Using one bandana, fold the top of the bandana over the curtain rod to make a pocket. Gently press the bandana with the iron to make a crease.
2. Measure your Stitch Witch by placing it on top of the bandana and cut a strip the length of the bandana.
3. Fold the top of the bandana over the curtain rod and on top of the Stitch Witch making a pocket. Make sure the pocket is snug. Making the pocket snug is the trick to making these no sew curtains look like they have a sewn in pocket. Iron the hemline where the Stitch Witch is to adhere the two parts of the fabric that will now create your rod pocket.
4. Once you have the first bandana panel finished you will use it as a template for the other two. By doing this you will have 3 panels the same length. Informal measurements are used because bandanas are not all the same size. In fact, they each vary in size slightly. You will have to use the first bandana as the template so that you will have an even hem with all three panels.
5. Once you have all three panels complete you will slip the curtain rod into each of the three bandana pockets and hang!