Looking for a simple and fun way to decorate for the 4th of July?!
Items to Gather:
- cans without labels (any size works)
- decorative items (stars, beads, ribbon, etc.)
- spray paint (blue, red, or white)
- hot glue gun/glue sticks
- drill or hammer/nail (to create hole for twine)
*** In my picture above, the items in pic #1 came from the $1 section at Target. The items in pic #2 came from Walmart. The twine in pic #3 came from Hobby Lobby.
1. Clean out cans and tear off the labels.
2. Spray paint the cans.
3. After drying, decorate the cans.
4. Drill (or hammer) two holes into the top of each can.
5. Cut pieces of twine (length depends on where you're going to hang it) and thread them through the holes in each can. Tie the ends into a knot and pull back inside the can. This will create a loop so you can hang the cans.
6. Cut pieces of ribbon (length is up to you) and hot glue them around the bottom rim of the cans.
7. Display your festive decorations and enjoy!
- You can use sharpies to decorate the cans.
- You could hot glue the ribbon around the cans.
- You could create decorations for other occasions (other holidays or birthdays).
Hope you enjoy!