Items to Gather:
- foam pool noodles (one will make approximately five sign holders)
- thin cardboard (cereal box cardboard works well)
- decorative duct tape
- colored paper (scrapbooking paper works well)
- binder clips
- craft knife
2. Cut two pieces of thin cardboard: one large rectangle and one small rectangle. Cover the cardboard pieces with scrapbooking paper and seal the edges with decorative duct tape. For the small rectangular piece, you may choose to simply cover the entire piece with duct tape.
3. Use a sharp craft knife to make a slit down one side of the noodle. Insert the large cardboard piece into the slit.
4. Make another slit in the back of the noodle, on a slant. Insert the small rectangular cardboard piece into the slit. This will serve to stablize the noodle and prevent it from rolling over.
5. Clip a binder clip the top of the large cardboard piece. This will hold your sign or learning aids.
6. Use the sign holder to display signs for learning centers or other areas in your classroom. Alternatively, you may choose to have students use these on their desks to hold learning aids such as hundred charts, handwriting reminders, or any other learning tool.
Hope you enjoy!