Items To Gather:
- Tissue paper in enough colors for each group to be different (I bought mine at the Dollar Tree)
- Coordinating pipe cleaners
- Fishing line
- large paper clips
- Construction paper to match the tissue
- Vocabulary words with pictures or definitions
1. Lay out 8 pieces of tissue paper and line them up.
2. Fan fold the tissue paper.
3. Fold in half and tie a pipe cleaner in the middle. Tie the ends into a circle.
4. Round the corners or cut into a point.
5. Pull up each piece of tissue until it resembles a flower. Don't be afraid to fluff it up.
6. From the circle you made with the pipe cleaner, tie on the fishing line and hang from the ceiling. In my old classroom, I screwed cup hooks into the ceiling and hung them from those. In my new room, I hung them from the florescent lights.
7. Underneath the pom, find the pipe cleaner. Tie your vocab words onto fishing line and tie the other end to a paper clip.
8. Hook the paper clip onto the pipe cleaner to hang.
9. Now you can change out your vocab words as often as you like in order to match the content you are teaching!
Other Tips/Suggestions:Laminate your table signs to make them more durable.