Items to Gather:
- Paper punch, like this EK Success Butterfly Punch
- Shadow box, like this one
- Hot glue
- Children's book that you don't mind cutting up
1. First, decide which page you would like to use for the background and find coordinating colors in other pictures of the book to use for the punch cut-outs.
2. Next, choose which other colors in the artwork you would like to punch the shapes out of. I always try to add depth by using some contrasting colors, but also some that are similar to the background.
3. Decide how many shapes you will need cut out to cover the background.
4. Line them up to make slight pencil marks where you want to place them.
5. Put glue on the pencil marks.
6. Glue the shapes onto the background.
7. Let dry, then put inside of a shadow box.